Seeking a collaborative, compassionate, service-oriented leader.
Non-Profit Program Director
Second Grace is seeking its first Program Director to lead our organization through our initial pilot program and into a future growth period.
The ideal candidate will be a collaborative leader who is approachable, compassionate, service oriented, empathetic, organized, charismatic, kind, and adaptable.
The candidate must have a background in nonprofit leadership, strong inter-personal skills, good organizational skills, project-mindedness, success with fundraising and revenue generation, a strong understanding of financial management, and a demonstrated commitment to issues that particularly impact at-risk mothers such as drug and alcohol issues, joblessness, homelessness, equity, and social justice.
The Program Director will have overall strategic, financial, and operational responsibility for Second Grace’s staff, programs, funds management, and development and execution of our mission.
The position is a salaried position that may include weekend work and availability for on-call.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Monitor, oversee, and assess curriculum programming and outcomes
- Monitor budget concerns and expenditures; develop and propose budgets to the BOD and monitor during the year
- Create an internal structure which supports future staff and clients
- Create systems to manage internal office structure in day-to-day operations
- Case management skills including knowledge of community resources
- Develop, implement, and maintain strong working teams
- Interview and hire talented associates
- Seek out fund development opportunities
- Develop and implement strategic plans that meet goals and objectives created in partnership with the Board of Directors
- Initiate and complete projects
- Identify deficiencies and then implement solutions and corrective measures
- Master levels degree in Social Work or other human service field
- Two years of management experience working in the human service field
- Knowledge of addiction, experience working with addictions and/or have certifications in addiction
- Sound understanding of and/or experience in the child welfare system
- Ability to create systems to manage the organizational growth
- Skill and experience in fund development, including grant writing
- Demonstrated ability to create, manage and adjust budgets to growth
- Skill and knowledge of computer programs and digital presentations
- Excellent communication skills, including writing skills and speech skills and comfort in front of a crowd
If interested, please forward a resume and credentials to Candace Abel, Board President:
email@example.com or call 717-875-8027 for details.